Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Life is full of...sometimes it's full of rejection and why's

I recently quoted myself saying, "How can it not be a great day when it's today?" But I don't feel that great anymore. Sometimes I decide it will be a good thing to apply for leadership positions. Sometimes (and by sometimes I mean every time) I decide to do that, and I get rejected. Why do I let people talk me into these kinds of things? (And when I say people, I really mean myself.) Why do people tell me I would be good at it? Why do people tell me I would be good at it, then interview me? Why do people tell me I'd be good at it, interview me, and make me feel great about the interview? Why do people tell me how great I'd be, interview me, make me feel great about the interview, and then give me a scripted r-e-j-e-c-t-i-o-n? Huh? Huh? Huh? This is depressing. FML worthy? Probably not. But totes wouldn't qualify for MLIA. I don't even feel like finishing my EFY application to be a counselor. And this day started out so well. I think I'll skip studying, watch a movie on Netflix, and be asleep before 11pm. Happy birthday Justin Bieber. Next year you'll be an adult. Woot.
-Mepisha, no longer a born-leader. call me if you need to reject a wallflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment